Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Euphoria

Today I awoke with the most delicious thoughts on my mind. As if there were a chef preparing 5 star delicacies in my dreams. The pain of the week before has finally subsided and I appreciated the sun dancing on my eyelids once again. I tucked the sad memories under my pillow and smothered them into bittersweet oblivion. No use crying over spilled milk, I thought. Instead, have a glass of juice. Orange juice, with extra pulp!!! I walk into my kitchen and notice a tiny bird on the ledge outside. I jokingly say good morning and to my surprise, the little feathery creature sings it right back to me. So, I sit and drink my juice and eat my yogurt, mixed berry of course, to the sound of high pitched chirping, as if it were a symphony from the skies. I bid farewell to my lovely little friend, and I even invite him to come back soon. My voice even has a slight song and melody to it. And my strides are almost like a waltz, a french waltz, something composed by Emile Waldteufe. And it is a very contagious tune. I pass the mail man on the street and he too seems to smile and greet me to a wondrous soundtrack between us, an unknown track playing gently in the air. I pet a dog to this tune and he wags his tail, not skipping a beat. I assume he hears it too. The breeze dances around me and through me, blowing the strands of me hair back and forth to Symphonie fantastique!!! My smile perfectly content to stay permanently fixated all over my face. How I adore moments such as these!!! I leave an open invitation for them to stay a spell......

No comments:

Post a Comment